About the Department of Dermatology
A global leader in broad-based patient care, education and research
Our facilities serve as an unsurpassed one-stop-shop for patients, streamlining the process by providing access to multiple physicians in a single visit rather than several discrete appointments. Recent expansions in research and clinical training have made the department one of the most competitive dermatology residency programs in the country.
The Department of Dermatology provides a unique, unmatched clinical training experience through hands-on exposure to large, diverse patient populations. An approachable faculty that appreciates the importance of mentorship provides residents with the balance of guidance and autonomy they need, while ensuring the quality of patient outcomes.
Facts & Figures
- More than 60,000 patients were served throughout our Los Angeles facilities last year.
- We have experienced healthy clinical growth over the past 12 months:
- 60 percent increase in clinic visits
- 400 percent increase in MOHS micrographic surgery
- 120 percent increase in inpatient consultative services.
- Ranked 7th in the nation in NIH research funding