Keck Faculty Council
The Keck School of Medicine Faculty Council is the elected faculty council for the Keck School of Medicine. It serves as the primary advisory group to the Dean and is concerned with issues directly related to faculty status, responsibilities and welfare within the Keck School of Medicine. FC membership comprises of senior faculty members with strong records of research achievement. Both basic science departments and clinical departments are represented. The FC’s responsibilities include:
- Identifying issues of highest priority to the faculty and discussing and debating current issues and matters of interest to the faculty
- Acting jointly with the Dean to suggest, and advising and consulting on the appointment of chairs and members of school committees
- Organizing meetings of the faculty-at-large to discuss issues of interest to the faculty
- Communicating with the faculty-at-large about its deliberations in a timely manner
- Evaluating all bridge funding requests made by faculty members as supported by their chairs and making a prioritized list per established guidelines of recommendations to the Dean
The Keck School of Medicine Faculty Council welcomes your feedback and invites you to share your ideas, concerns and thoughts.